Master the Essentials of Cisco VoiceIP-based phone systems are a vital piece of an organization's infrastructure, and Merit invites you to "ICOMM - Introducing Cisco Voice and UC Administration v8.0" on August 8-12 to learn the essentials of administering a Cisco Voice implementation. The intensive, hands-on course will cover the following components of Cisco's UC system:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- CUCM Express
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Unified Presence
Register today and join us in Ann Arbor on August 8-12.
PrerequisitesA basic knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Cisco IOS gateways, and router administrative tasks is recommended, as well as a working knowledge of converged voice and data networks. Two previous Cisco courses, Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 and 2 (ICND1 and ICND2), are also recommended.
What You'll Learn
- Components and characteristics of a Cisco UC solution
- Call flows and call legs
- Configure endpoints
- Implement and configure end users
- Configure and enable telephony and mobility features
- Configure end-user voice mailboxes and options
- Configure Cisco Unified Presence
- Configure and generate CUCM reports
- Run and analyze Call Detail Records reports
- Using the Cisco Call Detail Record Analysis and Reporting (CAR) Tool
- Using the Cisco Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
- Monitoring voice mail usage in Cisco Unity Connection
- Configuring Disaster Recovery System
- Cisco UC Solutions
- Administrator and End-User Interfaces
- Call Flows in CUCM and CUCM Express
- Call Flows and Call Legs
- Configuration Components Impacting Call Flows in Cisco UC Manager
- Configuration Components Impacting Call Flows in CUCM Express
- Endpoint and End-User Administration
- Configuration Requirements
- Implementation Options
- Enabling End-User Telephony and Mobility Features
- Unity Connection and Unified Presence
- End-User and Voice Mailbox Characteristics and Configuration Requirements
- End-User and Voice Mailbox Implementation Options
- Enabling Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco UC Solutions Maintenance
- Providing End-User Support
- CUCM Reports
- CUCM CDR Analysis and Reporting Tool Reports
- Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool
- Monitoring Voice Mail in Cisco Unity Connection
- Disaster Recovery System
Registration DetailsRegister online for this course. The class meets daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on August 8-12, 2011. "ICOMM - Introducing Cisco Voice and UC Administration v8.0" will be held at Merit's offices at 1000 Oakbrook Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104. Get directions. Hotels and restaurants are located nearby.
Pricing is as described in the following table. Registration includes an exam voucher for the corresponding Cisco certification examination, continental breakfast, beverages, and an afternoon snack each day. The cancellation deadline is July 15, 2011.
You can use Cisco Learning Credits to pay for part or all of your registration fee for this class. To pay by this method, please send email to making that request before you register. We will respond with instructions.
Scholarships availableScholarships are available for these classes through the Professional Learning scholarship program. Anyone from a Merit Member organization may apply for a scholarship, if funding to attend is not otherwise available through the organization. Scholarship applications must be received by July 8, 2011. We are grateful to the Merit Community Supporters for their contribution to the scholarship program.
More Professional Learning events.