Learn the commands and techniques used to troubleshoot host connections, interact with Cisco switches and routers, back up and restore configuration files, and manage network equipment. If you are new to networking, need a good understanding for management or sales responsibilities, or are starting along the path to achieve CCNA certification, this is the right course for you.
PrerequisitesThose with an understanding of networking concepts will benefit most from this course.
What You'll Learn
- How networks function
- Network components and their functions
- Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model
- Binary, decimal, and hexadecimal numbering
- Switching operations and theory
- Host-to-Host packet delivery process
- TCP/IP network addressing and routing
- IP subnetting
- Providing Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and remote access services
- Advanced network theory, including Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Intranets and extranets, and wireless networking
- Introduction to Cisco Internet Operating System (IOS)
- Initial configuration of Cisco Catalyst Switches and Routers
- Network discovery and management using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), telnet, and Trivial FTP (TFTP)
Instructor InformationThis course is offered in partnership with Computer Data, Inc., a national provider of technical training and a Cisco Learning Partner, and will be taught by Sean Murphy. Sean earned his Cisco Certified Systems Instructor Certification (CCSI) in 2007 after spending seven years with Covad Communications, a leading national broadband provider. After joining Covad in San Jose, CA as a technical support engineer, he quickly learned he had a talent for helping other team members excel in their roles. This subsequently led him to an opportunity within the training department at Covad, spending the next six years playing a critical role in content development and delivery for high-profile technical initiatives throughout the organization. He delivered hundreds of classes to both internal and external audiences around world, focusing on the national deployment of VoIP services during his last couple of years with Covad. Sean is a Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI) and currently focuses on delivery of CCNA and CCNP classes while working towards obtaining his CCIE certification.
Course Cost and Registration
Note that for Merit Members this is a 33% discount versus the standard retail price of $2995.
Class size is limited to 12 participants. Because of pre-registrations, only a few seats are available, so please register soon if you wish to attend.
Registration may be canceled up to 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, August 20, 2010, minus a processing fee of $35. Cancellations are not available after August 20; substitutions are allowed if necessary.
For more information, please contact us at
More Merit Events.